10 YouTube Tips and Tricks 
YouTube is the number two video streaming platform in the world after Google and currently has over 34 billion monthly visitors. There is no doubt that all of you reading this article are YouTube users, so in this article, we will look at 10 YouTube tips and tricks you didn’t know exist.
These 10 YouTube tips and tricks you didn’t know about are mostly for Android and iPhone users, and for those who use YouTube on a computer, we will cover them in another article.
1. Play YouTube videos in picture-in-picture mode
We all want to do multiple things on our phone at the same time, like watching YouTube videos, checking email, chatting, and reading different texts, we can able to do this by using YouTube premium but, if you are not able to pay for YouTube premium or you don’t want to use paid features at all, there is no problem, we can do entirely for free. To do this
- First, download and install the Float Tube application on your device
- Open the Float Tube application on your device, then simply allow all the permission required.
- You can search for anything you want, then it will automatically open in a pop-up window.
But the recommended way to play YouTube videos in pop-up or picture-in-picture mode is
- After completing, the above two steps, open the video you want on the official YouTube application on your device.
- Click the share icon
- Choose “Play by Float Tube”, then it will automatically play with the floating pop-up window.
2. YouTube chapters Trick
It is known that long videos on YouTube can be divided into chapters, and when we watch long YouTube videos such as tutorials and the like, we can easily move from one chapter to another chapter by double-tapping the right side of the video with two fingers to move to the next chapter.
You can also go back to a chapter by double-tapping the left side of the video with two fingers.
3. Play any Video in the background
Now we will see how we can play YouTube videos in the background on our phones. Using this method, let’s see how you can listen to different videos on YouTube, mainly a piece of music even when you turn the screen off.
- Open any browser you want.
- Go to youtube.com, Open any video you want, click the three-dot icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, then select “Desktop site”.
- When the video starts playing, press the home button on your device.
- Slide down the notification panel and click the play icon. Now the video starts playing in the background.
4. See YouTube videos dislike count
For various reasons, the number of dislikes for YouTube videos is not currently displayed. But watching dislikes of YouTube videos has many benefits.
You can see YouTube dislike counts by installing the “Return YouTube Dislike” google chrome extension on your computer.
Here is the detailed article to see the YouTube videos dislike count
5. Double-tap to seek
On Android and iPhone
When you want to skip some part of a YouTube Video, you can skip 10 seconds by double-tapping the video on the right side. Besides, you can go backward 10 seconds by tapping the video on the left side of your video.
If you want to adjust the timing, follow the steps below
- Open the YouTube application then Click the avatar icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, and click “Setting”.
- Click “General”, click “Double-tab to seek”, then choose the timing you want to apply on the double-tab to seek.
- Tap “L” or the Right arrow key to skip 10 seconds.
- Tap “J” or the Left arrow key to go backward 10 seconds. Also, you can use the “K” key to pause/play the video.
Want to watch YouTube videos in Virtual Reality (VR)? You can.
6. Watch in VR
YouTube allows you to watch any video you want in VR. To do this
- Go to the YouTube app and open any video you want to see in VR
- Click the Setting icon on the top right-hand side of the video, and then simply choose the “Watch in VR” option.
7. Numbers on YouTube
If you use YouTube on the computer, here are lifechanging short cuts using numbers
- Press the “1” key to go to 10% of the video
- Press the “2” key to go to 20% of the video
- Press the “3” key to go to 15% of the video
- Press the “4” key to go to 40% of the video
- Press the “5” key to go to 50% of the video
8. YouTube Incognito
Normally, YouTube will recommend videos based on your interest. But, if you don’t want the recommendation or if you give your device to a child, you need to activate Incognito. To do this
- Go to the official YouTube app.
- Click the avatar icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, and click “Turn on Incognito”. At this time YouTube will not suggest any video based on your previous history.
To turn it off
- Click the avatar icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, and click “Turn off Incognito”.
9. Filter Videos based on your interest
There are various worthless videos that come on your home page, if you don’t like the video and also you don’t want to get this type of suggestion from YouTube you can easily remove them within two clicks. To do this
- Click the three-dot icons that appear on the video you want to remove on your home page
- Then, click “Not Interested.
10. YouTube on the black screen
When we listen to YouTube content without video.
- First download and install the “Black Screen” application on your device.
- Open the application and turn it on, then a floating icon will appear on your screen.
- Open any video you want on YouTube, and then click the floating icon to make your screen black.
I hope this article is helpful for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to comment down below.